Important Message: Scheduling Congressional Meetings
NFDA has invested in an experienced, third-party scheduling service to ensure your time in Washington, D.C. is productive, structured and efficient. This useful service is available for appointments on Storm the Hill: NFDA’s official Congressional Meetings Day (Thursday, April 30) as a courtesy to our Advocacy Summit attendees.
You must register for the Advocacy Summit first in order to take advantage of NFDA's third-party scheduling service. Once registered, attendees will receive a confirmation email with details about accessing the Advocacy Summit app and information about scheduling Congressional meetings.
Why have NFDA schedule your Congressional Meetings?
- Your schedule may change throughout your time in Washington, D.C. - NFDA's Advocacy Summit App will keep you up to date with push notifications about changes to your meetings. Only meetings scheduled through NFDA will appear in the app.
- Your Congressional Meetings will be updated in the app as they are scheduled and in real time during the event!
- Keep your talking points in one place! NFDA's Advocacy Summit App contains a building map, your schedule, meeting reports, things to do around D.C., and more!
- If you have questions,
concerns, or need guidance, help will be available in the Welcome
Room at the Capitol Hill Club on Thursday, April 30, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Request a mentor to accompany you on your Congressional meetings. Inquire in the Welcome Room on Thursday, April 30, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or request a mentor after you register for the event.
Congressional offices will only schedule one meeting per delegation, so everyone in your state’s delegation should attend meetings as a group.
- Sometimes the delegation may need to split up to cover multiple offices depending on your schedules.
- Make sure that the person who is a constituent of the Representative is prepared to serve as the spokesperson for the delegation (this only applies to House offices as Senators represent the entire state).
- It is important to remember that some offices in Congress do not schedule meetings more than two weeks out so you may not see appointments in your schedule right away.
- Your schedule of visits will NOT be available on the NFDA app if the Executive Director from your State Association indicated s/he will schedule visits for your state's delegation. In this case, you will have to contact your state association directly for your delegation’s schedule.
Please check with your State Association prior to requesting Congressional meetings through NFDA.